Detainee/Prisoner Transport Service
TransCor America, LLC, (TCA) based in Nashville, Tennessee, was originally established in 1990. Acquired by Corrections Corporation of America in 1994, the Company has grown to become the largest and most experienced detainee/prisoner transportation company in the United States.
For 23 years, we have moved over 1,200,000 detainees/prisoners at all security levels from coast to coast. In 2008 alone, we transported over 56,785 detainees/prisoners for local, state and federal agencies. We transport males and females, adults and juveniles, by ground and via charter aircraft. We are knowledgeable and experienced in the unique issues affecting detainees/prisoners with special medical needs, and we know how to transport them safely, securely, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
With TransCor’s Transport Services You Get the Following:
- Online Enhanced Technology. Online ordering and tracking means increases your convenience. Our customized computer operating system allows shorter lead-time requirements, quicker trips and lower rates.
- Vehicle Enhanced Technology. Our entire fleet is equipped with ZONAR Systems which provides electronic fleet inspection and tracking.
- Cost and Manpower Savings. TransCor can reduce your detainee/prisoner transportation budgets 30 to 40%.
- Quality Performance. TransCor was the first company to become fully compliant with the regulations created by the Interstate Transportation of Dangerous Criminals Act of 2000. We also operate in full compliance with expanded Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- On-Time Service. With our skilled logistic team and dispersed workforce we are able to transport detainees/prisoners from coast to coast in a timely manner.
- Professional Agents. Our agents must have at least two years of experience in corrections, military and criminal justice and successfully complete 100 plus hours of training before becoming a full-time employee. We comply fully with federal requirements for pre-employment screening.
- Unparalleled Insurance Coverage. TransCor carries the most comprehensive insurance coverage of any company in the prisoner transportation industry. A $100 million liability insurance policy covers incidents that might occur during transportation.
- Reliable Equipment. With an average vehicle age of two years, TransCor's fleet has fewer miles and receives more preventative maintenance than any of our competitors. This means your detainees/prisoners are safer in transit and that we are able to deliver in a timely manner.